Managing a pregnant employee can be one of the most challenging aspects of employee management for employers and HR. While it is generally well known that it is unlawful to discriminate against a worker based on pregnancy, childbirth or related… continue
Tag Archives | leave of absence
As we commemorate Veterans Day, an employer should take note of the tremendous talent, skills and qualifications veterans can bring to the workplace. Through their sense of leadership and commitment, veterans can enrich a workforce, improve an employer’s public image… continue
If the high turnout for early voting is any indicator, the number of voters going to the polls on Election Day on November 8, may be unprecedented. If voter turnout is as high as expected, employers can also expect that… continue
Those managing employees in California know all too well the legal minefields they have to carefully navigate through each day. California is known as perhaps the most “employee-friendly” state in the nation with good reason, as its state legislature, agencies… continue
When it comes to employee handbooks, employers should commit to managing them as ever-evolving documents which should be kept current and updated and amended based on changes and trends in the law, culture and society.
Here are five need to… continue
October marks National Disability Employment Awareness Month in the US. Here are four tips employers should keep in mind to comply with the ADA and manage individuals with disabilities:
Disabilities are defined broadly
The 2008 Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments… continue
The recent controversy surrounding several National Football League players, including Ray Rice, Greg Hardy and others, has once again brought domestic violence into the spotlight. But domestic violence is not limited to the NFL and can affect all sorts of… continue
Some multistate US employers may know they need to keep their eye on state laws throughout the country – but quickly become overwhelmed by the sheer number of rules and regulations coming out of the states where they operate. Understanding… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- California Remains Bellwether State for Expanded Employee Protections August 17, 2017
- 10 Employee Handbook Mistakes Your Organization May Be Making August 10, 2017
- Florida Workplace Trends 2017: The One Question Employers Should Be Asking August 9, 2017
- 4 Key Steps to Recouping Wage Overpayments August 3, 2017
- Don’t Mess with Texas: a Quick Draw on Lone Star State Employment Law August 1, 2017
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...
- Alicia Smith: Hi Henry, Thanks for your kind comments about m...
- David Weisenfeld: We use WordPress. Thanks for your interest....