Tag Archives | HR strategy
Michael Jacobson August 12, 2013
US HR professionals play a prominent and crucial role in preparing for organizational restructures like a merger or acquisition. If a restructure is like uncharted waters to an explorer, then HR and its Transition Team are the captains of the… continue
Michael Jacobson February 20, 2013
I appeared on everyone’s favorite HR talk show this afternoon, @DriveThruHR with Bryan Wempen (@bryanwempen) and William Tincup (@williamtincup) to discuss all things termination in 2013. Listen to the taping here: Mike Jacobson at Lunch with Drive Thru HR. You… continue
Michael Jacobson January 15, 2013
For those faithful believers of the Mayan apocalyptic prophesy, the arrival of 2013 might seem a bit…anticlimactic. The world didn’t end despite their passionate insistence it would. Whoops. But for those of us who were rooting against a giant rogue… continue
Michael Jacobson December 3, 2012
In Part One of this series, we discussed electronically stored information (ESI), the changing technological landscape, new discovery rules encompassing all ESI and what that means for HR in general terms. In Part Two of this series, we reviewed two… continue
Michael Jacobson November 26, 2012
In Part One of this series, we discussed electronically stored information (ESI), the changing technological landscape, new discovery rules encompassing all ESI and what that means for HR in general terms. In this segment, we’ll review two cases where ESI… continue
Michael Jacobson November 20, 2012
Why is it so important that HR take electronically stored information (ESI) seriously? Elementary, my dear HR professional.… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- The NLRB Goes Back to the Future January 17, 2018
- Superstar Sexual Harassment Revelations Roil the Workplace January 10, 2018
- New ACA Developments May Affect Employers January 9, 2018
- 2018 Rings in Host of New Employment Laws January 2, 2018
- HR Intel Year End Edition: HR’s Secret to Success in 2018 December 27, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence