Tag Archives | holiday parties
Beth Zoller November 17, 2017
With holiday season almost here, workplace holiday parties are also coming soon. These parties are often a good idea to encourage camaraderie among employees and managers and thank your workforce for a job well done. However, a festive and happy… continue
Beth Zoller December 15, 2016
With the holidays fast approaching, exchanging gifts in the workplace can be a good way to celebrate the spirit of the season and show appreciation, gratitude and goodwill towards supervisors, employees and co-workers. However, it may be helpful for employers… continue
Beth Zoller December 8, 2016
Celebrating the holidays at work can be a good way to encourage team camaraderie, thank employees for their service and create a more festive atmosphere. However, it is critical to proceed cautiously and maintain a professional environment, whether at an… continue
Michael Jacobson December 7, 2016
As the future of the US continues to take shape, daily developments tend to raise more questions than they answer. Historically, economists say that uncertainty is bad for the economy, but uber-successful investors like Warren Buffett say that fear and… continue
Beth Zoller December 7, 2015
With winter upon us, ‘tis the season for holiday parties and year-end celebrations. Such festivities are a good way to encourage team camaraderie and thank employees for their hard work and a job well done. However, a few missteps and… continue
Michael Jacobson December 16, 2014
Bah humbug. It takes a special kind of Scrooge to terminate employees during the holiday season, but alas, the end of the Gregorian calendar often coincides with budget reevaluation and/or employee performance appraisals, making the holiday season a potential minefield… continue
David Weisenfeld November 21, 2014
It’s that bewitching time of year again when employer holiday party plans are underway. These workplace celebrations aim to be festive. But as John Steinbeck once famously wrote, paraphrasing poet Robert Burns, “The best laid plans of mice and men… continue
David Weisenfeld November 19, 2013
Office holiday parties can be a great opportunity for team bonding and camaraderie, but they also present potential employment law hazards if boorish behavior results. A new XpertHR podcast features long-time US employment attorney and blogger Robin Shea discussing some… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- The Top 15 HR Compliance Issues of 2018 – Are You Ready? December 7, 2017
- Podcast Explores How Generation Z Is Changing the Workforce December 5, 2017
- Beyond Finance: Why Technology is The New “Must Have” Skill for HR Professionals December 4, 2017
- HR Intel: What is the HR “Link” to Blockchain Technology? November 30, 2017
- Holiday Season Brings Wage and Hour Challenges November 29, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
- grannybunny: It's important to note that "undue hardship" in...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee attitudes employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence