Tag Archives | global hr
Robert Teachout October 30, 2017
World Business teamwork puzzle pieces 3d rendering As organizations expand to other countries and participate in the global market, it becomes more important for employers to know and be trained in employment laws and regulations of the local areas where… continue
Melissa Silver October 9, 2017
Besides being famous actors, what else do Nicole Kidman, Hugh Jackman and Chris Hemsworth all have in common? They all have roots in Australia. While employers may want to track the next movie these actors are starring in, it’s even… continue
Melissa Silver February 13, 2017
While advances in technology have improved the workplace by increasing productivity, these advances have also become a double-edged sword. Employees no longer need to be physically in their work location in order to send an email, attend a telephone conference… continue
Melissa Silver July 18, 2016
The UK’s surprising vote last month to leave the European Union caused concern on both sides of the Atlantic with its potential implications resonating on a global scale. Multinational employers are now questioning what Brexit means for their business and… continue
Marta Moakley June 8, 2016
Reassessing your company’s community relations program? Consider a renewed focus on aligning community investment and business strategy. The business case for implementing volunteering and charitable programs in an employer’s community is well documented: it increases brand awareness, may lead to… continue
Melissa Silver May 2, 2016
While some similarities exist between US and UK employment laws, there are fundamental differences that global employers need to be aware of when considering terminating an employee. In a recent XpertHR webinar, Philadelphia employment attorney Jonathan A. Segal, who heads… continue
Melissa Silver April 14, 2016
International assignments are a boon for employers that want to establish a global presence because they allow organizations to explore opportunities overseas without incurring the costs, or taking the risk, of creating a new business abroad. These assignments are relatively… continue
Melissa Silver March 14, 2016
Multinational employers operating in both the US and Turkey need to be aware of each country’s employment laws that apply throughout the employment relationship. While there are numerous nuances between the laws in the US and Turkey, some… continue
Michael Jacobson March 9, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve Now that the #Oscarsowhite controversy is in the rearview mirror, elite Hollywood actors and talent agencies are leading the charge for more diversity… continue
Melissa Silver February 16, 2016
A global employer must ensure that its recruiting and hiring methods comply with local laws of each country and are not discriminatory. But with the vast disparity in employment laws across borders, this can be easier said than done. So… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Minimizing Employers’ Holiday Party Risks: Don’t Be Left Out in the Cold November 17, 2017
- 5 Ways to Lose the Employment At-Will Relationship November 14, 2017
- Hurricane Horrors Highlight Importance of Employer Preparedness November 9, 2017
- Shaping Supervisor Training for Business Success November 7, 2017
- 5 Employee Benefit Trends HR Should Have on Its Radar November 3, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
- grannybunny: It's important to note that "undue hardship" in...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee attitudes employee benefits employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation safety sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting termination of employment wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence