When it comes to state and municipal employment legislation, the Empire State and the Big Apple are leading the way in seeking to level the playing field between employers and employees by ensuring workers a fair wage, added leave protections… continue
Tag Archives | equal pay
There is glaring evidence that the gender wage gap persists, and that women still lag behind their male counterparts when it comes to workplace compensation.
Despite the fact that women are more likely to graduate college than men, and approximately … continue
What are the key compliance issues facing employers in 2017? And what are the implications of a new unified Republican government in Washington DC?
With federal, state and local laws and agency actions in flux, employers need to be on… continue
With 2017 around the corner, it’s time to review and update your employee handbook, if you haven’t already done so, to ensure it is legally compliant and reflects the latest developments affecting HR.
There are a number of significant legal… continue
The issue of equal pay is everywhere today, and the push for pay equity, pay transparency and closing the wage gap is taking on a life of its own. These efforts include:
1. Amended and expanded equal pay laws in… continue
Today marks Equal Pay Day and 53 years since the passage of the Equal Pay Act. Nonetheless, we still see wage discrimination and pay inequality in various industries. The issue recently gained nationwide attention when five members of the… continue
With Democratic President Barak Obama at the helm and a Republican Congress, it remains extremely difficult for any employment law legislation to pass. Nonetheless, the EEOC has been aggressively following up on its Strategic Plan from 2012 and attempting… continue
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal…I have a dream that my four… continue
California employers will need to hit the ground running as soon as the New Year’s ball drops to ensure their compliance with a broad range of laws taking effect January 1, 2016. Rather than making the same old trite resolutions… continue
As we celebrate Women’s History Month in March, we recognize that 2013 marks the 50th anniversary of Betty Friedan’s life changing book The Feminine Mystique which ignited the women’s liberation movement and caused immense social and political change on all… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Major Disruptions Will Soon Shape the Future of Benefits September 19, 2017
- 9 Key Tips for Religious Accommodation in the Workplace September 14, 2017
- 5 Ways HR Can Promote Volunteerism in Hurricane Irma’s Wake September 12, 2017
- A 9/11 Look at Employee Political Extremism September 11, 2017
- Millennials: Value-Add to Your Workplace or Destroyers of Everything? September 7, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...