Tag Archives | equal pay
Beth Zoller March 20, 2018
March is Women’s History Month, and it marks 55 years since the Equal Pay Act was enacted and 54 years since Title VII of the Civil Rights Act has been the law of the land. And yet women continue to… continue
Beth Zoller October 12, 2017
As the new calendar year draws closer, employers are bound to face challenges and obstacles when it comes to complying with new federal, state and local laws, maintaining their workplaces and managing their workers. 2017 to Date HR and… continue
Beth Zoller July 24, 2017
When it comes to state and municipal employment legislation, the Empire State and the Big Apple are leading the way in seeking to level the playing field between employers and employees by ensuring workers a fair wage, added leave protections… continue
Beth Zoller May 8, 2017
There is glaring evidence that the gender wage gap persists, and that women still lag behind their male counterparts when it comes to workplace compensation. Despite the fact that women are more likely to graduate college than men, and approximately … continue
Beth Zoller January 9, 2017
What are the key compliance issues facing employers in 2017? And what are the implications of a new unified Republican government in Washington DC? With federal, state and local laws and agency actions in flux, employers need to be on… continue
Beth Zoller December 20, 2016
With 2017 around the corner, it’s time to review and update your employee handbook, if you haven’t already done so, to ensure it is legally compliant and reflects the latest developments affecting HR. There are a number of significant legal… continue
Beth Zoller September 9, 2016
The issue of equal pay is everywhere today, and the push for pay equity, pay transparency and closing the wage gap is taking on a life of its own. These efforts include: 1. Amended and expanded equal pay laws in… continue
Beth Zoller April 12, 2016
Today marks Equal Pay Day and 53 years since the passage of the Equal Pay Act. Nonetheless, we still see wage discrimination and pay inequality in various industries. The issue recently gained nationwide attention when five members of the… continue
Beth Zoller March 17, 2016
With Democratic President Barak Obama at the helm and a Republican Congress, it remains extremely difficult for any employment law legislation to pass. Nonetheless, the EEOC has been aggressively following up on its Strategic Plan from 2012 and attempting… continue
Beth Zoller January 11, 2016
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal…I have a dream that my four… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 3 Ways Your Company May Be Engaging in Sex Discrimination March 20, 2018
- Can Embracing March Madness Improve Employee Engagement? March 15, 2018
- From #SHRMLeg: Becoming an ADA Accommodation Expert March 13, 2018
- From #SHRMLeg: How Employers Deal with Marijuana, Opioids and Other Drugs in the Workplace March 12, 2018
- Paid Leave Podcast Shines Spotlight on Growing Trend March 6, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence