Tag Archives | employee retention
Jessica Webb-Ayer November 3, 2017
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, employers are facing many challenges when tasked with recruiting, hiring and retaining the best and the brightest employees. With the rising competition for talent, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 7, 2017
I have a confession to make: I’m a millennial. Now granted, I’m an “older” millennial that remembers playing the Oregon Trail computer game as a kid, but technically I am still a member of Generation Y. We’re also known by… continue
Michael Jacobson July 26, 2017
Beyond the obvious solutions to your retention problems (pay your employees more money!), it’s good to dig a little deeper into the underlying or not so obvious causes of attrition. This is a common concern for HR, in part due… continue
Michael Jacobson January 27, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve Among the many developments or “disruptions” to the traditional workplace in 2016, the increasing presence of “people analytics” might be both the most… continue
Marta Moakley September 24, 2013
Employers, whether in the US or elsewhere, should strive to retain top performers. Doing so: Improves production continuity; Increases institutional memory; and Reduces costs. However, retaining top talent isn’t as easy in a competitive marketplace or in uncertain economic times.… continue
Michael Cardman June 7, 2013
Not feeling appreciated or valued is among the factors that correlate most strongly with employee turnover. Employers can show they appreciate employees with tangible awards like bonuses, raises or prizes. But a pat on the back can be quite effective,… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Protecting the Workplace from the Flu Outbreak of 2018 February 20, 2018
- HR Intel: Sexual Harassment 2.0 – Now Comes the Harder Part February 15, 2018
- Workplace Romance and Top Employer Mistakes in the #Metoo Era February 14, 2018
- Why International Payroll, Learning and Development, and the Gig Economy Heart Blockchain February 13, 2018
- Minimum Salaries for White-Collar Employees: Will States Pick Up Where US Labor Department Left Off? February 7, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence