Tag Archives | domestic violence leave
David Weisenfeld January 2, 2018
As the calendar turns to 2018, there are a host of new employment laws at the state and municipal levels that took effect December 31 or January 1 of which employers must be aware. Not surprisingly, a massive number of… continue
David Weisenfeld August 17, 2017
It’s no secret that California is often at or near the forefront when it comes to new developments to expand employee protections. Sometimes, these measures become a bit of an outlier. But on many occasions, with minimum wage hikes being… continue
Beth Zoller October 20, 2016
Unfortunately, we live in a society in which domestic violence allegations surface all too often. Claims against Hollywood stars such as Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp along with incidents involving professional athletes, including Ray Rice, Greg Hardy and Jose Reyes,… continue
Michael Jacobson October 28, 2015
A roundup of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve The HR world held its collective breath as legislative juggernauts California and New York released a wave of new employment laws in the past… continue
David Weisenfeld March 10, 2015
While Congress may be mired in gridlock, the same often does not hold true at the state and municipal levels as evidenced by the growing number of leave laws to protect US employees. Three states—California, Connecticut and Massachusetts—have enacted paid… continue
Beth Zoller January 13, 2015
As we say hello to 2015, a number of new leave laws may have a significant impact on employee handbooks. If you have not updated your handbook in the past year or two, chances are it is not compliant with… continue
David Weisenfeld November 17, 2014
A host of fast-moving employment trends like paid sick leave, domestic violence leave and ban the box are affecting US employers in certain regions, but not others. So what’s a vigilant multistate employer to do to steer clear of litigation?… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Could the World Cup Produce a GOAALLLL in Your Workplace? July 13, 2018
- The Caregiver Crisis: How Employers Can Help July 5, 2018
- Paid Sick Leave Compliance: 7 Tips You Need to Know Now June 29, 2018
- How Employers Can Detect Lies and Deception: #SHRM18 June 21, 2018
- #SHRM18 Chicago: Never Forget Why People Matter June 19, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence