With the onset of summer, rising temperatures and longer days, employers may want to consider implementing a summer dress code as an inexpensive way to improve employee productivity and morale and make employees feel more comfortable when the heat hits.… continue
Tag Archives | discrimination
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, and love in the air, it is a good time for employers to revisit the issue of workplace romance. Whether employers like it or not, romance can and will bloom at work and… continue
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from this tumultuous election season it’s that conventional wisdom and traditional assumptions are obsolete. Conventional wisdom said that Donald Trump probably wouldn’t run for president, didn’t have a chance to win any of the… continue
About six weeks ago, we covered some of Chipotle’s HR trials and tribulations, including a class action lawsuit filed by 10,000 workers claiming wage theft and the NLRB attacking provisions of the Chipotle employee handbook. Turns out, that was only… continue
I had the privilege of attending the 25th annual Garden State SHRM Conference and Expo over the weekend in Atlantic City, where some of the brightest minds in HR got together to talk about hot topics in employment law for… continue
With various employment-related ordinances, such as minimum wage and paid sick leave laws trending on a local level, employers are probably wondering, is my city next? Maybe, maybe not.
While local employment laws may be on the rise, state… continue
The struggle for equal rights for individuals identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) has moved into the forefront more than ever before, and it’s having a dramatic impact on workplaces that are becoming increasingly diverse.
Although Title VII… continue
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal…I have a dream that my four… continue
In the past year, a host of court cases, legislation and regulatory actions have questioned the very nature of who is considered an employer and who is considered an employee along with what rights and benefits employees should be entitled… continue
With 2016 fast approaching, an employer should be sure to take the time to review and update its employee handbook so that it remains legally compliant. There have been a number of significant legal changes on the federal, state and… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 3 Things to Know When Your Boss Says…. Show Me the Money! July 18, 2017
- 6 Dos and Don’ts for Avoiding Social Media Minefields When Recruiting July 17, 2017
- 5 CEO Ethics Firings and How HR Can Help Prevent Them July 11, 2017
- Being Strategic: What It Really Means for HR July 6, 2017
- HR Intel: Get to Know the 2017 Breed of Workers June 30, 2017
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...
- Alicia Smith: Hi Henry, Thanks for your kind comments about m...
- David Weisenfeld: We use WordPress. Thanks for your interest....
- Henry @ ISL: Hi Alicia, hugely entertaining blog post. One qui...