Tag Archives | age discrimination
Robert Teachout October 4, 2017
For the second quarter in a row, the US has a record number of unfilled job openings, even as the official unemployment rate has hovered around a 16-year low. The combination of these two facts highlights the difficult situation employers… continue
Michael Jacobson June 1, 2016
A regular round up of news, legal trends and workplace developments to help keep HR ahead of the curve. Is Uber’s recognition of the Independent Driver’s Guild (IDG) in New York a step in the right direction or an evil… continue
Marta Moakley April 18, 2016
All work and no play can make anyone dull, as the saying goes – but can playing games at work make a job candidate more interesting? Leading recruiters say yes. While certain industries have invested in simulators for years as… continue
Michael Jacobson January 13, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve It’s another new year in the HR universe and with every passing year, change is to be expected. People make resolutions, companies pivot… continue
Michael Jacobson December 23, 2015
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve As a frenzied 2015 winds to a close, we should take stock of what the year meant for the HR community. It was… continue
Beth Zoller November 17, 2015
The US workforce is rapidly aging, so how can employers adapt? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, one in five American workers is over 65 and by 2020, almost 32 percent of the population between 65 and 74 will… continue
Michael Jacobson November 11, 2015
A roundup of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve For employees, the fight for wages is personal. Yesterday, thousands of fast food workers went on strike around the country, primarily seeking $15 minimum… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 4 Practical Tips for Minimizing the Risks of Contingent Labor October 20, 2017
- Harvey Weinstein and Top Sexual Harassment Mistakes Employers Make October 18, 2017
- How HR Challenges Will Change and Transform from 2017 to 2018 October 12, 2017
- 5 Ways to Cultivate Employee Development to its Greatest Potential October 11, 2017
- 10 Employment Lessons From the Land Down Under October 9, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
- grannybunny: It's important to note that "undue hardship" in...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
absence management ADA background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee attitudes employee benefits employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation safety sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting termination of employment wage and hour workplace violence