Memorial Day weekend signals the start of summer vacation time, with resorts and beaches opening and promising fun in the sun and memories to last a lifetime. And with the final school bell of the year, hundreds of thousands of… continue
About Robert Teachout
I cover a range of employment law and human resources topics at the federal, state and municipal levels, focusing on the intersection of compliance with HR strategy and practice. Before joining XpertHR, I was the senior HR editor at Thompson Information Services for several digital and print employment law publications. Prior to that, I was the primary editor of Bloomberg BNA's State Labor Laws binders, and wrote the State Wage Assignment and Garnishment Handbook. I also have written articles for the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), and been quoted by HR Bartender.Some of my favorite topics are:
Wage and Hour Law
Author archive | Robert Teachout
Most people easily recognize that a physical illness or disability may require a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act or time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act. But mental disabilities are covered by the ADA and… continue
When Prince Harry revealed in an interview that he had struggled with mental health issues, the topic of mental health in the workplace exploded. Major newspapers in England and the United States ran articles on mental health issues, services and… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Mid-Year Employee Handbook Checkup: Get Ready for 2018 June 21, 2017
- Employer Drug Testing in the Age of Legalization June 19, 2017
- Making the Business Case for a Workplace Flexibility Program June 12, 2017
- The Heat Is On – Summer Dress Code Do’s and Don’ts June 9, 2017
- School’s Out, Beaches are Open – Why Aren’t Workers Taking Vacation? June 8, 2017
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...
- Alicia Smith: Hi Henry, Thanks for your kind comments about m...
- David Weisenfeld: We use WordPress. Thanks for your interest....
- Henry @ ISL: Hi Alicia, hugely entertaining blog post. One qui...