Archive | Global HR RSS feed for this section
Melissa Silver March 14, 2016
Multinational employers operating in both the US and Turkey need to be aware of each country’s employment laws that apply throughout the employment relationship. While there are numerous nuances between the laws in the US and Turkey, some… continue
Michael Jacobson March 9, 2016
A round up of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve Now that the #Oscarsowhite controversy is in the rearview mirror, elite Hollywood actors and talent agencies are leading the charge for more diversity… continue
Melissa Silver February 16, 2016
A global employer must ensure that its recruiting and hiring methods comply with local laws of each country and are not discriminatory. But with the vast disparity in employment laws across borders, this can be easier said than done. So… continue
Melissa Silver January 15, 2016
Global employers need to comply with recruiting and hiring laws in the countries in which they operate. In particular, discrimination laws may affect the wording employers can use in job advertisements, the questions they can ask on job applications and… continue
Melissa Silver November 9, 2015
A US employer considering expanding its operations to Puerto Rico may think that it will be relatively easy to manage a workforce in that location since Puerto Rico is subject to US employment laws, including Title VII, the Fair… continue
Michael Jacobson October 13, 2015
A roundup of workplace developments and legal trends to help keep HR ahead of the curve Mergers, acquisitions and corporate transformations continue to steal the show. Since we covered the largest beer deal ever in our last HR Intel post,… continue
Melissa Silver September 24, 2015
Paid parental leave has been a hot topic in the US since, unlike other developed nations around the globe, it does not have a uniform paid parental leave law. The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) gives some unpaid leave… continue
Melissa Silver August 19, 2015
Do employment contracts in Canada need to be in writing? Are Canadian employees entitled to sick pay? Has Canada produced more comedians per capita than any other country? OK the last one does not make the list, but there are… continue
Linda Pophal August 10, 2015
As the world becomes increasingly global and interconnected, and as companies continue to expand into new geographies, nationally and abroad, HR professionals have both opportunities and challenges as they attempt to ensure consistency amid what may often feel like chaos.… continue
Melissa Silver July 2, 2015
While the US and England enjoy a close relationship, there are significant variations in their employment laws when it comes to family leave rights, drug testing and many other issues. In a recent XpertHR webinar, Nicole Truso and Emma Vennesson… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- #SHRM18 Chicago: Never Forget Why People Matter June 19, 2018
- Dozens of New Employment Laws Across the US Come Into Effect July 1 June 18, 2018
- Hiring Those With Criminal Backgrounds: Leading the Conversation June 11, 2018
- Federal, State AND Local, Oh My! 5 Local Trends Challenging HR June 6, 2018
- Sexual Harassment Prevention: Planning for a Post-#MeToo Workplace May 30, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence