Perhaps it was the Jazz riffs greeting us as we made our way through the conference halls, or this year’s theme and call to action for HR to go “All In” regarding their commitment to the HR profession, but SHRM’s… continue
Archive | Employee Relations RSS feed for this section
If things get quiet around the workplace this summer, it may be a good idea to revisit your employee handbook and check out policies that may need to be reviewed and/or revised based on recent changes in federal, state and… continue
With the onset of summer, rising temperatures and longer days, employers may want to consider implementing a summer dress code as an inexpensive way to improve employee productivity and morale and make employees feel more comfortable when the heat hits.… continue
Drive down seemingly any major street in suburbia, and you are bound to see a McDonald’s, Dunkin Donuts, Subway or 7- Eleven. Franchises are everywhere and a business model for an employer seeking to have the independence of a small… continue
With the White House and both chambers of Congress controlled by Republicans, HR is waiting to see what changes the federal government might hold in store for employers this year. But it would be a grave mistake to forget about… continue
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, and love in the air, it is a good time for employers to revisit the issue of workplace romance. Whether employers like it or not, romance can and will bloom at work and… continue
A recent worldwide study shows that workplace bullying can have a detrimental effect on not only the victim, but the entire workplace by creating a toxic work environment that negatively impacts the company’s bottom line.
What’s more, supervisors and managers… continue
What are the key compliance issues facing employers in 2017? And what are the implications of a new unified Republican government in Washington DC?
With federal, state and local laws and agency actions in flux, employers need to be on… continue
With 2017 around the corner, it’s time to review and update your employee handbook, if you haven’t already done so, to ensure it is legally compliant and reflects the latest developments affecting HR.
There are a number of significant legal… continue
With the holidays fast approaching, exchanging gifts in the workplace can be a good way to celebrate the spirit of the season and show appreciation, gratitude and goodwill towards supervisors, employees and co-workers. However, it may be helpful for employers… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 3 Things to Know When Your Boss Says…. Show Me the Money! July 18, 2017
- 6 Dos and Don’ts for Avoiding Social Media Minefields When Recruiting July 17, 2017
- 5 CEO Ethics Firings and How HR Can Help Prevent Them July 11, 2017
- Being Strategic: What It Really Means for HR July 6, 2017
- HR Intel: Get to Know the 2017 Breed of Workers June 30, 2017
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...
- Alicia Smith: Hi Henry, Thanks for your kind comments about m...
- David Weisenfeld: We use WordPress. Thanks for your interest....
- Henry @ ISL: Hi Alicia, hugely entertaining blog post. One qui...