Drive down seemingly any major street in suburbia, and you are bound to see a McDonald’s, Dunkin Donuts, Subway or 7- Eleven. Franchises are everywhere and a business model for an employer seeking to have the independence of a small… continue
Archive | Employee Relations RSS feed for this section
With the White House and both chambers of Congress controlled by Republicans, HR is waiting to see what changes the federal government might hold in store for employers this year. But it would be a grave mistake to forget about… continue
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, and love in the air, it is a good time for employers to revisit the issue of workplace romance. Whether employers like it or not, romance can and will bloom at work and… continue
A recent worldwide study shows that workplace bullying can have a detrimental effect on not only the victim, but the entire workplace by creating a toxic work environment that negatively impacts the company’s bottom line.
What’s more, supervisors and managers… continue
What are the key compliance issues facing employers in 2017? And what are the implications of a new unified Republican government in Washington DC?
With federal, state and local laws and agency actions in flux, employers need to be on… continue
With 2017 around the corner, it’s time to review and update your employee handbook, if you haven’t already done so, to ensure it is legally compliant and reflects the latest developments affecting HR.
There are a number of significant legal… continue
With the holidays fast approaching, exchanging gifts in the workplace can be a good way to celebrate the spirit of the season and show appreciation, gratitude and goodwill towards supervisors, employees and co-workers. However, it may be helpful for employers… continue
Celebrating the holidays at work can be a good way to encourage team camaraderie, thank employees for their service and create a more festive atmosphere.
However, it is critical to proceed cautiously and maintain a professional environment, whether at an… continue
With the 18-month presidential campaign and several close races ready to be resolved on Election Day, the temptation to discuss political opinions and issues in the workplace is strong. While the potential for heated political discourse in the office can… continue
Now that the Zika virus has hit the US with confirmed cases of locally transmitted infections, employers face a real threat to the health of their employees and their business. Typically spread through the bites of infected mosquitoes and direct… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- HR Intel: Master the HR Solo Act May 25, 2017
- How Employee Benefits Can Help Promote Mental Health May 24, 2017
- How AI Has the Potential to Disrupt HR May 19, 2017
- 8 Tips for Handling Mental Health Issues and ADA/FMLA Compliance May 17, 2017
- Summer Hiring – Are You Ready? May 15, 2017
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...
- Alicia Smith: Hi Henry, Thanks for your kind comments about m...
- David Weisenfeld: We use WordPress. Thanks for your interest....
- Henry @ ISL: Hi Alicia, hugely entertaining blog post. One qui...