Archive | Employee Benefits RSS feed for this section
Jessica Webb-Ayer November 3, 2017
With the current jobseeker-friendly market, employers are facing many challenges when tasked with recruiting, hiring and retaining the best and the brightest employees. With the rising competition for talent, an employer needs to make sure it is in the best… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer September 19, 2017
Major disruptions in the benefits world are about to shape the future of the industry, according to a panel of experts at the 2017 EBN Benefits Forum & Expo in (mostly) sunny Boca Raton, Florida. John Young, the Senior Vice… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer May 24, 2017
May is Mental Health Awareness month. With one in five American adults experiencing some type of mental health issue according to MentalHealth.gov, no employer is immune from the need to address the mental well-being of its employees. So what can… continue
Robert Teachout May 10, 2017
When Prince Harry revealed in an interview that he had struggled with mental health issues, the topic of mental health in the workplace exploded. Major newspapers in England and the United States ran articles on mental health issues, services and… continue
David Weisenfeld December 19, 2016
With President-elect Donald Trump set to take office in little over a month, employers are almost certain to face a much different regulatory climate. While Walter White, of Breaking Bad fame, may not be taking the helm of the DEA… continue
Rena Pirsos November 16, 2016
Even though tax year 2016 did not see major legislative changes related to payroll processing, the significant effects of the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act of 2015 is undoubtedly on the minds of all payroll professionals. The PATH… continue
David Weisenfeld October 19, 2016
October is a great month for many reasons, but unless you’re a serious health care wonk, open enrollment probably isn’t one of them. Apple and pumpkin picking, walking amidst multi-colored leaves, the World Series and a multitude of other activities… continue
Rena Pirsos September 12, 2016
The employer requirement to offer employees the option of purchasing commuter transit benefits on a pre-tax basis via payroll deduction took effect this year on January 1 in two major metropolitan cities – New York City and Washington, DC. Perhaps… continue
Beth Zoller September 9, 2016
The issue of equal pay is everywhere today, and the push for pay equity, pay transparency and closing the wage gap is taking on a life of its own. These efforts include: 1. Amended and expanded equal pay laws in… continue
Beth Zoller April 12, 2016
Today marks Equal Pay Day and 53 years since the passage of the Equal Pay Act. Nonetheless, we still see wage discrimination and pay inequality in various industries. The issue recently gained nationwide attention when five members of the… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Minimizing Employers’ Holiday Party Risks: Don’t Be Left Out in the Cold November 17, 2017
- 5 Ways to Lose the Employment At-Will Relationship November 14, 2017
- Hurricane Horrors Highlight Importance of Employer Preparedness November 9, 2017
- Shaping Supervisor Training for Business Success November 7, 2017
- 5 Employee Benefit Trends HR Should Have on Its Radar November 3, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
- grannybunny: It's important to note that "undue hardship" in...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee attitudes employee benefits employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA Global HR global hr harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting religious accommodation retaliation safety sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting termination of employment wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence