Archive | Diversity & Inclusion RSS feed for this section
Beth Zoller August 26, 2014
While employers need to maintain a productive and efficient team of hardworking employees, it also is important for organizations to be sensitive to the needs of working parents. That can be especially true at this time of year, with the… continue
Beth Zoller February 13, 2014
With Valentine’s Day upon us, employers should realize that whether they like it or not, romance can and does abound in the workplace. According to a recent survey by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), 43% of US… continue
Beth Zoller January 24, 2014
Over the past year, all sorts of ugly workplace discrimination stories have reared their head. Whether it be the race discrimination case brought against celebrity chef Paula Deen, the $39-million sex discrimination settlement involving Merrill Lynch or the sexual orientation… continue
Melissa Burdorf December 4, 2013
Some multistate US employers may know they need to keep their eye on state laws throughout the country – but quickly become overwhelmed by the sheer number of rules and regulations coming out of the states where they operate. Understanding… continue
Beth Zoller September 12, 2013
Women now make up over 50 percent of the workforce. Many of these women are pregnant employees and new mothers. With a significant number of women working later into their pregnancies than ever before, employers face a number of issues… continue
Beth Zoller August 15, 2013
While many employers know it is a good practice to have an employee handbook in place, it is crucial to give your employee handbook an annual check up to see which policies should be reviewed, revisited and updated based on… continue
Beth Zoller July 19, 2013
Equal treatment for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community seemed like a pipe dream in 1996 when the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was passed defining marriage as being between one man and one woman. But things came… continue
Beth Zoller May 24, 2013
With warm summer days around the corner and employees breaking out the short sleeve shirts and, in some cases, tank tops, sandals and flip flops and inevitably showing more skin, employers may need to start thinking about implementing a summer… continue
Beth Zoller April 15, 2013
The recent firing of Rutgers University basketball coach Mike Rice, but only after a video surfaced of him physically hitting players and hurling repeated homophobic epithets at them, is a virtual primer of what NOT to do from an employment… continue
Beth Zoller March 27, 2013
Are the hot dogs all beef? Does the rice and beans have ham in it? Is there pork in that egg roll? These are some questions I often find myself asking before taking a bite. My husband makes fun of… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- How Employers Can Detect Lies and Deception: #SHRM18 June 21, 2018
- #SHRM18 Chicago: Never Forget Why People Matter June 19, 2018
- Dozens of New Employment Laws Across the US Come Into Effect July 1 June 18, 2018
- Hiring Those With Criminal Backgrounds: Leading the Conversation June 11, 2018
- Federal, State AND Local, Oh My! 5 Local Trends Challenging HR June 6, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment and good point!...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence