Archive | Diversity & Inclusion RSS feed for this section
Beth Zoller October 9, 2014
October marks National Disability Employment Awareness Month in the US. Here are four tips employers should keep in mind to comply with the ADA and manage individuals with disabilities: Disabilities are defined broadly The 2008 Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments… continue
Beth Zoller September 24, 2014
The recent controversy surrounding several National Football League players, including Ray Rice, Greg Hardy and others, has once again brought domestic violence into the spotlight. But domestic violence is not limited to the NFL and can affect all sorts of… continue
Beth Zoller August 26, 2014
While employers need to maintain a productive and efficient team of hardworking employees, it also is important for organizations to be sensitive to the needs of working parents. That can be especially true at this time of year, with the… continue
Beth Zoller February 13, 2014
With Valentine’s Day upon us, employers should realize that whether they like it or not, romance can and does abound in the workplace. According to a recent survey by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), 43% of US… continue
Beth Zoller January 24, 2014
Over the past year, all sorts of ugly workplace discrimination stories have reared their head. Whether it be the race discrimination case brought against celebrity chef Paula Deen, the $39-million sex discrimination settlement involving Merrill Lynch or the sexual orientation… continue
Melissa Burdorf December 4, 2013
Some multistate US employers may know they need to keep their eye on state laws throughout the country – but quickly become overwhelmed by the sheer number of rules and regulations coming out of the states where they operate. Understanding… continue
Beth Zoller September 12, 2013
Women now make up over 50 percent of the workforce. Many of these women are pregnant employees and new mothers. With a significant number of women working later into their pregnancies than ever before, employers face a number of issues… continue
Beth Zoller August 15, 2013
While many employers know it is a good practice to have an employee handbook in place, it is crucial to give your employee handbook an annual check up to see which policies should be reviewed, revisited and updated based on… continue
Beth Zoller July 19, 2013
Equal treatment for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community seemed like a pipe dream in 1996 when the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was passed defining marriage as being between one man and one woman. But things came… continue
Beth Zoller May 24, 2013
With warm summer days around the corner and employees breaking out the short sleeve shirts and, in some cases, tank tops, sandals and flip flops and inevitably showing more skin, employers may need to start thinking about implementing a summer… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 5 Ways Employers Can Keep the Holidays Happy December 14, 2018
- Host of 2018 Midterm Ballot Initiatives Will Impact the Workplace December 4, 2018
- Holiday Party Hazards for Employers to Avoid November 29, 2018
- 9 Ways to Recognize Risk in Your Employee Handbook for 2019 November 26, 2018
- Financial Wellness Benefits: What Employers Need to Know November 19, 2018
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence