Archive | Diversity & Inclusion RSS feed for this section
Melissa Burdorf December 4, 2013
Some multistate US employers may know they need to keep their eye on state laws throughout the country – but quickly become overwhelmed by the sheer number of rules and regulations coming out of the states where they operate. Understanding… continue
Beth Zoller September 12, 2013
Women now make up over 50 percent of the workforce. Many of these women are pregnant employees and new mothers. With a significant number of women working later into their pregnancies than ever before, employers face a number of issues… continue
Beth Zoller August 15, 2013
While many employers know it is a good practice to have an employee handbook in place, it is crucial to give your employee handbook an annual check up to see which policies should be reviewed, revisited and updated based on… continue
Beth Zoller July 19, 2013
Equal treatment for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community seemed like a pipe dream in 1996 when the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was passed defining marriage as being between one man and one woman. But things came… continue
Beth Zoller May 24, 2013
With warm summer days around the corner and employees breaking out the short sleeve shirts and, in some cases, tank tops, sandals and flip flops and inevitably showing more skin, employers may need to start thinking about implementing a summer… continue
Beth Zoller April 15, 2013
The recent firing of Rutgers University basketball coach Mike Rice, but only after a video surfaced of him physically hitting players and hurling repeated homophobic epithets at them, is a virtual primer of what NOT to do from an employment… continue
Beth Zoller March 27, 2013
Are the hot dogs all beef? Does the rice and beans have ham in it? Is there pork in that egg roll? These are some questions I often find myself asking before taking a bite. My husband makes fun of… continue
Beth Zoller March 7, 2013
As we celebrate Women’s History Month in March, we recognize that 2013 marks the 50th anniversary of Betty Friedan’s life changing book The Feminine Mystique which ignited the women’s liberation movement and caused immense social and political change on all… continue
Beth Zoller February 13, 2013
With Valentine’s Day approaching, many couples around the globe will celebrate with wine and roses. However, it seems as if each month there is a new story in the headlines about relationships in the workplace gone sour. Last month,… continue
Beth Zoller January 18, 2013
As the US prepares to honor Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday, it is a fitting tribute that this year’s holiday falls on the same day as President Barack Obama’s second inauguration. With this summer marking the 50th anniversary of the… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Can Embracing March Madness Improve Employee Engagement? March 15, 2018
- From #SHRMLeg: Becoming an ADA Accommodation Expert March 13, 2018
- From #SHRMLeg: How Employers Deal with Marijuana, Opioids and Other Drugs in the Workplace March 12, 2018
- Paid Leave Podcast Shines Spotlight on Growing Trend March 6, 2018
- Machines vs. Humans in the Age of AI: Finding the Right Workplace Balance March 5, 2018
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
- Keyrah: I am curious how some of these laws will be enforc...
- Frank: Just cancel the holidays. That's what it's comin...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance contingency planning discrimination diversity EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee communications employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave performance management reasonable accommodations recruiting retaliation sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence