Archive | Business Leadership & Strategy RSS feed for this section
Michael Jacobson April 10, 2013
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” – Benjamin Franklin. In HR, we often operate in the past, the present and the future. We operate in the past by preserving and safeguarding company information pertaining to events… continue
Beth Zoller March 27, 2013
Are the hot dogs all beef? Does the rice and beans have ham in it? Is there pork in that egg roll? These are some questions I often find myself asking before taking a bite. My husband makes fun of… continue
David Weisenfeld March 26, 2013
We’re excited to announce a new strategic alliance between XpertHR and Dovetail Software, which could help make your day-to-day HR work a whole lot easier! So what do we have to offer? Well, remember the Domino’s ad promising delivery in… continue
Michael Cardman March 18, 2013
Last week, I had the pleasure of attending the Society of Human Resources Management’s 2013 Employment Law and Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C. Hundreds of HR professionals from around the nation gathered to network and to learn about the latest… continue
David Weisenfeld February 28, 2013
Yahoo announced on February 25 that it is abolishing its work-at-home policy and requiring all telecommuters to work in the office. The e-commerce company Zappos also has revoked a policy that allowed certain individuals to work remotely. The stated rationale of… continue
Michael Jacobson February 28, 2013
In Part One of this series, the HR Fly listened in on the beginning of a workers’ compensation preliminary hearing, as the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) started the hearing, set the parameters and questioned the employment attorney as to the employer’s self-insurance… continue
Michael Jacobson February 27, 2013
In Part One of this series, theHR Fly listened in on the beginning of a workers’ compensation preliminaryhearing, as the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) started the hearing, set theparameters and questioned the employment attorney as to the employer’sself-insurance against workers’… continue
Michael Jacobson February 26, 2013
As an HR professional, you knowhow important it is to have an open dialogue with employees, supervisors and attorneysin your legal department.What you don’tknow, however, is what types of conversations your employees have when you’re not present. In this series,… continue
Michael Jacobson February 20, 2013
I appeared on everyone’s favorite HR talk show this afternoon, @DriveThruHR with Bryan Wempen (@bryanwempen) and William Tincup (@williamtincup) to discuss all things termination in 2013. Listen to the taping here: Mike Jacobson at Lunch with Drive Thru HR. You… continue
Beth Zoller February 13, 2013
With Valentine’s Day approaching, many couples around the globe will celebrate with wine and roses. However, it seems as if each month there is a new story in the headlines about relationships in the workplace gone sour. Last month,… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- 5 Ways Employers Can Keep the Holidays Happy December 14, 2018
- Host of 2018 Midterm Ballot Initiatives Will Impact the Workplace December 4, 2018
- Holiday Party Hazards for Employers to Avoid November 29, 2018
- 9 Ways to Recognize Risk in Your Employee Handbook for 2019 November 26, 2018
- Financial Wellness Benefits: What Employers Need to Know November 19, 2018
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management ACA background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence