Have you ever wondered how “unemployment” can be so low (4.3% nationally), but yet there seem to be so many complaints from people not being able to find jobs and from CEOs complaining that their companies can’t find enough candidates?… continue
Archive | Business Leadership & Strategy RSS feed for this section
Beyond the obvious solutions to your retention problems (pay your employees more money!), it’s good to dig a little deeper into the underlying or not so obvious causes of attrition. This is a common concern for HR, in part due… continue
Predictive Analytics. It’s the Holy Grail for the future success of HR. Oh, to be able to successfully, consistently and efficiently hire the best candidates for the right jobs! To retain top talent! To be able to identify who the… continue
The film Jerry Maguire made the phrase ‘Show Me the Money’ famous. This phrase appealed to the business world in particular, and over 20 years later is still used by individuals who control the purse strings when they want to… continue
Does it seem that there have been more news stories recently about CEOs being fired for scandals and ethics violations? That’s because it’s true! A recent study by Success&, a part of the PwC network, found that dismissals of CEOs… continue
HR professionals are well aware of exhortations for them to “be more strategic.” You can hardly pick up a trade publication these days without at least one reference to HR’s need to become a better strategic partner in organizations of… continue
A mid-way point is always a good time to take stock of how you’re doing, where you’re going and what you need to change or focus on in order to get there. In sports, for example, halftimes aren’t only for… continue
Perhaps it was the Jazz riffs greeting us as we made our way through the conference halls, or this year’s theme and call to action for HR to go “All In” regarding their commitment to the HR profession, but SHRM’s… continue
Workplace flexibility has been taking a hit recently. After many years of advocating for flexible workplaces, some of the early champions of the practice are changing their tune. IBM has begun favoring a more collaborative, in-office approach, although the tech… continue
1984…. the year, not the novel, was pretty impressive. OK, the novel was also impressive, and according to a recent New York Times article, is making a comeback. But let’s focus on some of the events that happened during 1984….… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Major Disruptions Will Soon Shape the Future of Benefits September 19, 2017
- 9 Key Tips for Religious Accommodation in the Workplace September 14, 2017
- 5 Ways HR Can Promote Volunteerism in Hurricane Irma’s Wake September 12, 2017
- A 9/11 Look at Employee Political Extremism September 11, 2017
- Millennials: Value-Add to Your Workplace or Destroyers of Everything? September 7, 2017
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Lou. We appreciate your we...
- Lou charles: "For the group to qualify as a hate or extremist ...
- Ed Burch: Sounds like a snowflake tantrum to me. For years w...
- Robert Sanchez: Gambling in sports is legal in many developed coun...
- angela alma: #david your discussion is appreciated, managing em...