Jessica Webb-Ayer January 16, 2019
Now that 2019 is underway, many of your employees may be making resolutions to improve their lives in various ways, but resolutions are something that employers (and HR professionals in particular) should also be contemplating. Below are 10 resolutions your… continue
Beth Zoller January 10, 2019
Developing and maintaining clear, concise and informative job descriptions is a significant part of the recruiting and hiring process. A good job description not only identifies the key components, qualifications and essential job functions, but it also provides an idea… continue
David Weisenfeld January 3, 2019
As always, the ball dropping in Times Square not only ushers in a new year but many new employment laws across the country taking effect on January 1. Headlining the list are numerous minimum wage increases as 20 states raised… continue
Robert Teachout December 19, 2018
At the heart of any performance appraisal system lies the meeting between each employee and his or her immediate manager at which the employee’s performance is reviewed and plans are made for the coming performance cycle. But the formal performance… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer December 17, 2018
The end of the year is quickly approaching, bringing with it a multitude of annual reporting and filing requirements, including 2018 Affordable Care Act (ACA) reporting for employers. Despite numerous attempts to repeal the ACA, the law is still alive… continue
Beth Zoller December 14, 2018
Along with the joy, cheer and hot chocolate holiday time brings, this time of year also raises a whole host of issues for employers who must grapple with difficult questions concerning holiday decorations, time off, employee stress and gift giving… continue
David Weisenfeld December 4, 2018
With passions running strong on both sides, last month’s midterm election marked the highest voter turnout for a midterm since 1966. But with much attention focused on the House and Senate results, as well as—yet again–voting machine issues in Florida,… continue
Beth Zoller November 29, 2018
While a workplace holiday get together may be a good idea to thank employees for a job well done and encourage camaraderie and good cheer, a festive celebration may carry a number of risks from employers. From potential harassment claims… continue
Beth Zoller November 26, 2018
Having an employee handbook is essential as it can set forth various workplace rules and policies and also deal with myriad employee issues that arise time and again. Additionally, it can promote fairness and consistency across the board while showing… continue
Jessica Webb-Ayer November 19, 2018
While a physical wellness program is not a new concept to most employers, a growing number are taking wellness a step further and offering financial wellness benefits, such as providing access to retirement planning advice. According to a Prudential survey… continue
Get Social with XpertHR
- Performance Management: The Importance of Being Honest October 11, 2012
- What Skills Do CHROs Need to Bring to the Table in 2016? January 29, 2016
- Reduce Workplace Absenteeism With Five Simple Steps June 1, 2015
- SHRM 2015: How Does HR Thrive? June 30, 2015
- Why ‘Ban the Box’ Trend Has Huge Impact on Employers December 17, 2015
- Top 10 Employer Resolutions for 2019 January 16, 2019
- 8 Secrets to Preparing a Successful Job Description January 10, 2019
- Minimum Wage Hikes in 20 States Headline 2019 Employment Law Changes January 3, 2019
- 7 Tips to Improve Performance Reviews December 19, 2018
- As 2018 ACA Reporting Deadline Approaches, What Employers Need to Know December 17, 2018
- Robert Teachout: Thank you for commenting on the vacation article. ...
- Thomasine H. Mitchell: What if I am a school teacher and my principal say...
- David Weisenfeld: That is true in the case of California's legaliza...
- David Weisenfeld: Thanks for your comment Fredrick. Tricky situation...
- Fredrick Carter: It will indeed be interesting to see how employers...
absence management background checks ban the box business practices compliance discrimination diversity and inclusion EEOC employee benefits employee classification employee engagement employee handbooks employee leaves employee rights equal opportunities equal pay executive pay flexible working FLSA FMLA global hr Global HR harassment HR strategy immigration joint employer layoffs mergers and acquisitions minimum wage NLRB overtime paid sick leave reasonable accommodations recruiting recruiting and hiring religious accommodation retaliation salary history sex discrimination sexual harassment social media telecommuting wage and hour workplace safety workplace violence